Monday, September 7, 2009

Chocolate for Men



My rationale for starting this blog has a lot to do with chocolate. You see, I consumed primarily chocolate, cheese pizza, and Diet Coke for the better part of one year as I traveled non-stop for my job. Imagine my surprise when I got sick, very sick, and needed to reconsider my eating habits and non-existent exercise routine. In a search for better health, I found the world of Raw Food - something I didn't previously know existed. But then again, I don't think I ate a fruit or vegetable during my entire 20's.

So, this blog is intended to capture what I have learned, what I continue to learn, and how I incorporate these lessons into my life on the road. I am far from 100 percent raw, but have transitioned to a vegetarian diet comprised largely of whole foods...and am feeling better all the time. I hope my posts will encourage other "junkfood junkies" to make better food and health choices, as well as introduce readers to parts of the world (and their views on food) that they may not have been familiar with otherwise.

You will be glad to know that I have cut back on chocolate - once I learned that it is for men!

P.S. Chocolate for purchase in Kazakhstan.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good first post.Will keep reading.

Anonymous said...

I'm excited to see what you write next!

Kristen's Raw said...

Whoo hoo!

Cheers,
Kristen

Maryam in Marrakesh said...

Welcome to the blogosphere. It's an amazing place:-)